During the 2nd quarter, students of all levels were working on building their musical muscles! This quarter we have built on skills learned last quarter.
- Pre-school students have been learning new songs, moving to the music, keeping a steady beat, and playing triangles and rhythm sticks.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade have been learning new songs, using our singing voices, playing classroom percussion instruments, moving to the music, and identifying if music soft or loud and high or low.
- 2nd, 3rd, and 4thgraders have continued working on reading simple rhythms and melodies.
- Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades, and the OLA band students learned songs for our Christmas performance. This performance was video recorded and shared with families.
- In 5thand 6th, we’ve continued exploring the elements of music. We finished our unit on rhythm and also have learned about tempo and dynamics.
- In 7th and 8thgrade, we finished our unit on rhythm and learned more about the history of Christmas carols.