The Rite of Baptism for children puts emphasis on the role of parents in baptism, and on the preparation that should be a part of the celebration of the Sacrament. In order to assist parents in better fulfilling their responsibilities as the primary religious educators of a child, parents are required to attend a Pre-Baptism class prior to the baptism of their first child. The class provides information about the sacrament of Baptism and the requirements/responsibilities of the godparents. Please call the parish office at 216-252-2332 to register for a class at OLA. Classes for 2020 are held in the Linus Hall Library and on the following dates:
- Thursday, March 12th at 7:00 PM
- Sunday, June 14th at 10:00 AM Cancelled
- Thursday, September 10th at 7:00 PM
- Sunday, December 13th at 10:00 AM
If you are looking for other dates, the bulletin will list neighboring parishes with upcoming Baptism classes. Go to the bulletins tab to see a list of past bulletins.
Steps to prepare for Baptism:
- Parents seeking Baptism for their child must be registered members at the parish
- Parents must attend a Pre-Baptism preparation class
- Contact the rectory office to set up a Baptism date
Baptisms are performed by prearrangement and occur immediately following the 11:00 AM Mass (approximately 12:00 noon) on the first and third Sundays of the month. To sign up for a Baptism date, please contact the rectory office at 216-252-2332 or click here to make your request by email.
Sponsor Certificate: If you are need of a sponsor certificate, please contact the parish office of the parish where you are a registered member.